Bitcoins are the new cash. Bitcoin is electronic money that allows you to send or pay money to someone without the intervention of a financial institution like a bank.
Bitcoin has a number of advantages over known money such as euros:
- It’s easy. Paying with Bitcoin is easier and safer than cash, pin or credit card payments.
- Lower prices. For less than a cent, you can pay worldwide or transfer money. Merchants can charge without expensive payment systems and pass on savings to their customers.
- Bitcoin does not have national borders. To pay abroad, you do not have to change first.
- Fast international transactions. Within minutes, Bitcoin will transfer money to people or businesses. Everywhere in the world, for a fraction of the costs that banks ask for.
- There are a limited number of Bitcoins. So your money does not devalue anymore.
- Increased privacy. A Bitcoin transaction can be done anonymously.
With Bitcoin you can pay immediately without having to provide your personal information. In online payments, this increases your security as unsupported data cannot be misused.