If you are having trouble to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Kali Linux, then you might want to try these 4 direct steps which will install the VirtualBox Guest Additions for you on Kali Linux.
- apt update & apt -y dist-upgrade
- apt -y install virtualbox-guest-x11
Installation on older versions
- apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y
- apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) -y
- In the Virtualmachine menu, head towards Devices, then click on ‘Insert Guest Additions CD image’ (Quick button for this is HOST+D)
- cp /media/cdrom/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run /root/Desktop/
- cd /root/Desktop/
- chmod 755 VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
If everything has run smoothly, the Guest Additions should be installed now on your Kali Linux machine. Enjoy.