This guide will teach you how to hack any computer. Literally, from the mindset you should have, to tools that you need to hack a computer.
Computer software is made up by pieces of code, code which is written by people. This means, that the chance that there is going to be a mistake in the code, is likely.
Once a mistake in code has been found, this is reported back to a vulnerability database. This is great, because, you can use this vulnerability database, to find weaknesses in the computer you are trying to hack.
This vulnerability database is also known as CVE. Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures is a rundown of sections-each containing a recognizable proof number, a portrayal, and no less than one open reference-for freely known cybersecurity vulnerabilities. CVE Entries are utilized in various cybersecurity items and administrations from around the globe.
Finding the weaknesses
In order to find the weakness, you could try all of the vulnerabilities one by one, or you can use a vulnerability scanner. Vulnerability scanners will allow you to perform an automated scan on a target computer. This scan will report back vulnerabilities.
Scan for vulnerabilities
Scanning a system or network’s weaknesses is sometimes as simple as connecting to a Wi-Fi network and hoping it is unsecured, or analyzing the various communication protocols (HTTP, SMTP, TCP / IP, UDP, etc.) and seeing which is the most vulnerable.
Exploiting the weakness
Once you have found a vulnerability, you will need to exploit that vulnerability, often, but not always, vulnerabilities are published with their exploit code. This code is often created to perform a proof of concept attack on the found vulnerability.
With some Googling, you will be able to find exploits that you can use on the targeted system, you can also try an exploit framework like Avyukt.
What are you working with?
- Targets are informed to make sure their computer is properly secured and that they install updates as soon as they become available.
- The target must make use of a virus scanner, firewall, anti-spyware ad blockers. (apps that stop advertisements that may contain a virus) and must do their best to stay on safe websites.
- Targets must use a good password and utilize different passwords for all their accounts. They are instructed to use sentences, as this is easy to remember and difficult for you to figure out
- Regularly back up files
- They should not click on unexpected links.
- They should never give up login details.
As again, all of the points above, include human action, this means that there is always room for mistakes and errors. The challenge of being a hacker which is going to hack a computer, is to find the perfect steps to take in order to get to Rome.
Which steps can a hacker take?
The best thing to do is to look at the information which MITRE has provided. MITRE is a platform that organizes and categorizes different types of tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) used by threat-actors in the digital world. In this way, it aims to help organizations identify gaps in their cyber protection. It also shows you how to protect and which attack methods are available.
- Initial Access
- Privilege Escalation
- Defense Evasion
- Credential Access
- Lateral Movement
- Command and Control
How to stay secure
- Install a virus scanner on your PC or laptop. It can recognize and remove a virus. Your phone has a virus scanner as standard, which is often sufficient.
- Update your devices. Always install the latest version of a game, browser, computer program or your phone’s operating system. Also only install apps from the official AppStore or Google play.
- Use a strong password and store passwords in a reliable password manager
- Do you receive an email, WhatsApp or text message asking you to click on something? Check first, then click!
- Check if the website starts with https: //. The s stands for secure. No one can then follow what you are doing. But watch out; criminals also use pages with https: // so check out our other tips too.
- Learn to spot a fake profile so you know if you’re dealing with someone with malicious intent.
- Pay attention to what you share. Put your social media posts to private. Always mask your webcam, for example with a sticker. This prevents you from being secretly filmed.
- Free public WiFi is useful! But not safe. This video explains why you should not use public WiFi.
- Read this guide to protect yourself from hackers.
- Read cyberwarzone.com 🙂