Awesome, F-Secure has released another project. This time, F-Secure has focused on the DNS hijacking threats, to help the community forward they have released an tool which allows you to check if your DNS has been hijacked.
The DNS hijack check platform is free to use, and it is very user friendly. You can imagine that as soon we had found out that they had released this tool, we had to test it immediately.
So we navigated to the ismydnshijacked.com domain, which is hosted and developed by F-Secure.
Then we clicked on the START TEST button
And this were the results
The information which is shown in the table above is correct.
The F-Secure also provides details of the IP address which is used
The F-Secure site continues to explain that if you have been hijacked, you should take immediate action:
- Disconnecting the router from the Internet and resetting it
- Changing the password on the router, especially if it is still the default password
- Disabling remote administration on the router
- Checking and updating the router to use the latest firmware
- Rebooting a desktop system to flush the DNS cache
- Scanning the desktop system using a trusted, up-to-date antivirus program
There is just one thing. The BETA website is vulnerable to the POODLE attack.