In this post, we are going to take a look at the Pytube3 library. This library allows you to download Youtube videos with just 2 lines of Python code.
Features of pyTube
We recommend to use pyTube as it is being maintained. pyTube also has a lot of great features, some of them have been listed down below:
- Support for Both Progressive & DASH Streams
- Support for downloading complete playlist
- Easily Register
- Command-line Interfaced Included
- Caption Track Support
- Outputs Caption Tracks to .srt format (SubRip Subtitle)
- Ability to Capture Thumbnail URL.
- Extensively Documented Source Code
- No Third-Party Dependencies
First, we need to make sure, that we have pyTube installed on our system. We can install pyTube by performing the following PIP command:
$ pip install pytube3 --upgrade
The command above, will download and install the latest version of pytube3.
Download Youtube video
The code which allows you to download a Youtube video with pytube is as following:
from pytube import YouTube YouTube('https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itRcUoyZ_Sw').streams.download()