Galileo, Fin Fisher and PRISM, this are the names of the hacking tools which the government of the United States will be able to use to hack your mobile phone and more.
So how will you know if the government is hacking your phone or devices? In this article, we will take a look at the information which can be collected so we can tell if we are being hacked or not.
Do remember, if the government wants to hack you, they will try it on various ways.
They will not stick to one attack
If you want to know if you are hacked by the government, then you need to think about the following things:
- Do you download illegal software from the internet (Chance very high that you will get infected)
- Do you spend a lot of time on malicious loaded websites like adult websites? (Chance is very high that you will get infected)
- Do you automatically download files to your smartphone via applications like WhatsApp and other instant messengers (Chance is very high that you will get infected)
- Has your provider helped the government before in spy cases? (Chance is 100% that you might get infected)
Fake applications on the internet
Hackers and governments will try to infect people with fake applications. The government and hackers are able to send fake updates and patches to a victim, these fake updates will be loaded with malicious codes which will be able to perform a specific task like:
- Start your microphone
- Start your webcam
- Search your computer for *.pdf, *.txt, *.doc, *.jpg and many more extensions.
- Send the found files to a specific address