I did not enjoy writing this post on ‘Cancer cure hoaxes’, but it is something that has to be done. On the internet, various ‘cures for cancer’ are being shared, as the research in cancer is making progress. In the last years, more people have been saved by medical procedures and treatments which have been performed in authorized hospitals and clinics.
It is important to know that cybercriminals are going to abuse the people that are searching for cures. The loved ones and the person that have been struck by the sickness are going to put every effort in finding a cure against cancer.
Cancer cure hoaxes
We strongly urge everyone that is searching for ‘Cancer cures’ on the internet, to be very aware. Cybercriminals have launched countless schemes and hoaxes to infect unaware people that are searching for ‘cancer cures’. The well known Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center has published various reports on ‘cancer cure hoaxes’ which were send by e-mail.
- The Hoax: Everyone Has Cancer Cells
- The Hoax: A Strong Immune System Destroys Cancer
- The Hoax: Cancer is Caused by Nutritional Deficiencies and Supplements Will Correct Them
- The Hoax: Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy Harms Normal Cells. Surgery Causes Cancer to Spread
- The Hoax: Cancers Feed on Certain Foods
- The Hoax: Cancer is a Disease of Mind, Body and Spirit
- The Hoax: Oxygen Kills Cancer Cells
The John Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center is one of the 41 cancer centers in the U.S. designated by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center has active programs in clinical research, laboratory research, education, community outreach, and prevention and control.