Anomali, a company established in 2013, has become a prominent player in the cybersecurity industry with a workforce of over 250 employees. Their flagship product, ThreatStream, is a comprehensive threat intelligence platform (TIP) designed to integrate various threat information feeds and provide security professionals with the necessary analytics to assess potential threats to their organizations.
In this article, we will delve into the features and capabilities of Anomali’s ThreatStream, exploring how it empowers organizations to detect, investigate, and respond to cybersecurity threats effectively.
Aggregating and Analyzing Threat Intelligence
At the core of ThreatStream lies its ability to aggregate and optimize millions of threat indicators, which are sourced from both structured and unstructured data obtained from hundreds of threat intelligence feeds. By leveraging a machine learning algorithm called MACULA, ThreatStream scores and weighs indicators, eliminating false positives and automating traditionally manual data curation tasks. This integration with machine learning technology enables security teams to identify new attacks, discover existing breaches, and swiftly comprehend and contain threats before they have a chance to impact the entire network.
You might want to read more on:
Seamless Integration and Comprehensive Functionality
ThreatStream seamlessly integrates with other security products, such as SIEMs, firewalls, and endpoint solutions. This integration ensures a cohesive security ecosystem, enabling seamless data ingestion and outbound response orchestration. Additionally, the platform provides an array of features that enhance its functionality and usability, including:
- Automated Collection of Threat Data: ThreatStream collects threat data from hundreds of sources and multiple formats, simplifying the process of gathering comprehensive threat intelligence.
- Contextualization of Threat Data: The platform contextualizes threat data by linking it to relevant actors, campaigns, and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), providing deeper insights into potential threats.
- Normalization and Enrichment: ThreatStream normalizes, enriches, and de-duplicates data, removing false positives at scale and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the threat intelligence.
- Integration with Security Tools: The platform seamlessly integrates with various security tools, allowing for seamless data ingestion and outbound response orchestration.
- Advanced Analysis and Data Sharing: ThreatStream offers workflows and functionalities to analyze and share data, facilitating collaboration among security teams and enhancing overall threat visibility.
- Brand Monitoring: Anomali’s ThreatStream includes brand monitoring capabilities, enabling organizations to protect their reputation and detect potential threats to their brand.
- Sandboxing and Phishing Email Analysis: The platform incorporates sandboxing functionality, allowing researchers to analyze suspicious files and indicators within the platform. It also enables the extraction of data from suspected phishing emails for immediate blocking.
- Visual Link Analysis: ThreatStream provides visual link analysis capabilities, enabling the connection of indicators to associated higher-level threat models, helping security professionals gain a comprehensive understanding of the threat landscape.
- Threat Visibility and Collaboration: With ThreatStream Trusted Circles, organizations can share threat visibility and identification with more than 2,000 other trusted organizations, fostering collaboration and knowledge exchange.
Flexibility in Deployment and Pricing
Anomali offers ThreatStream as a flexible solution, providing options for cloud-native deployment, virtual machines, on-premises installations, or even air-gapped solutions. The on-premises and air-gapped solutions cater to organizations concerned about data sharing or allowing internal threat information to leave their network, ensuring a heightened level of control and security.
Regarding pricing, the cost of ThreatStream varies based on the customer’s specific environment. As a reference point, a 12-month subscription to ThreatStream Enterprise, suitable for organizations with 3,500 employees, is priced at $150,000.
Widely Trusted and Utilized
ThreatStream has gained the trust of numerous Fortune 100 companies and banks, making it a valuable resource for organizations across all industry verticals seeking to leverage threat intelligence effectively. Serving as a centralized platform for collecting, managing, and sharing threat intelligence, ThreatStream’s seamless integration with common security solutions enables organizations to identify and respond to threats that are relevant to their unique environment.
Anomali’s ThreatStream offers a comprehensive and powerful threat intelligence platform, empowering organizations to enhance their security posture, detect potential threats, and respond swiftly and effectively. With its advanced analytics, seamless integration, and comprehensive functionality, ThreatStream has become a go-to solution for organizations seeking to leverage threat intelligence for proactive cybersecurity.