Cheat sheets

72 daycare children taken to the hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Saint-Eustache Que

Share this with people that should know this:

Authorities say at least five children were overcome by carbon monoxide at their daycare in St-Eustache, north of Montreal. Hospital officials say that none of the children’s lives are in danger, but those who experienced more serious symptoms will be transferred to a children’s hospital for further follow-up.

Authorities say that 72 children and about 10 daycare workers were taken to the hospital as a preventive measure after staff at Les petits explorateurs daycare centre reported children feeling sick about 10:30 a.m.

Some children were transported by ambulance while the rest of the daycare kids were later transported by school bus. The St-Eustache fire department says its preliminary investigation points at a floor cleaning machine used at the daycare.

A regional health department spokeswoman says it appears there was no functioning carbon monoxide detector installed at the centre. Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.

Share this with people that should know this: