The field of ethical hacking continues to grow in importance in our increasingly digital world, and if you have a friend or loved one who is an ethical hacker, you may be searching for the perfect gift.
Fortunately, we’ve put together a list of 30+ unique and practical gift ideas for ethical hackers that are relevant in 2023.
We got a list of gifts in the following price ranges for you:
#1. USB Rubber Ducky
The USB Rubber Ducky is a small, programmable device that resembles a USB flash drive. Ethical hackers can use it to automate keystrokes and commands, making it a powerful tool for penetration testing and social engineering.
#2. Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi is a small, affordable computer that is ideal for DIY projects. Ethical hackers can use it to build their own hacking tools or create a portable hacking lab, making it a versatile and practical gift.
#3. Hak5 Gear
Hak5 is a company that produces gadgets and tools for hackers and cybersecurity professionals. Their range includes USB drives loaded with hacking tools and portable Wi-Fi routers for penetration testing.
If the ethical hacker is a fan of Hak5, consider gifting them some of their gear.
#4. Lock Picking Set
Lock picking is a useful skill for ethical hackers, and it can also be an enjoyable hobby. A lock picking set is a practical gift for someone interested in physical security or looking to develop their lock picking skills.
#5. Online Course or Certification
Ethical hackers must continually update their knowledge and skills to stay ahead of the game. An online course or certification can provide valuable training and credentials that can help them advance in their career.
#6. Virtual Private Network (VPN) Subscription
A VPN is a tool that encrypts internet traffic, safeguarding privacy and security. Ethical hackers can use a VPN to protect themselves from prying eyes and hide their online activity.
A subscription to a VPN service is a thoughtful gift that shows you care about their privacy and security.
#7. Bug Bounty Platform Subscription
Bug bounty programs incentivize ethical hackers to report software or system vulnerabilities to companies.
Subscribing to a bug bounty platform like HackerOne or Bugcrowd is a unique and practical gift for someone who enjoys finding vulnerabilities and earning rewards.
The YubiKey is a physical device used for two-factor authentication (2FA), providing an extra layer of security for online accounts.
It’s a practical gift for someone who values online security and wants to protect against phishing attacks.
#9. Smart Lock
A smart lock is a device that allows users to control access to a door using a smartphone app or other smart home device.
Ethical hackers can use it to test the security of smart locks and other IoT devices, making it a unique and practical gift.
#10. Password Manager Subscription
Password management is a critical aspect of cybersecurity, and a password manager can help ethical hackers keep track of their passwords and ensure they are using strong and unique passwords for each account.
A subscription to a password manager like LastPass or Dashlane is a thoughtful and practical gift.
#11. Portable External Hard Drive
Ethical hackers often work with large amounts of data, and a portable external hard drive is a practical gift that allows them to store and transport data easily.
Look for a high-capacity and durable external hard drive from a reputable brand.
#12. Online Backup Subscription
Backing up data is essential for protecting against data loss due to hardware failure or cyber attacks. A subscription to an online backup service like Backblaze or Carbonite is a thoughtful gift that provides peace of mind.
You might like to read:
#13. Programming Books
Ethical hacking often involves programming and scripting, and programming books can be a valuable resource for ethical hackers to learn new programming languages and techniques. Look for books on Python, Java, or other popular programming languages.
#14. Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet
If the ethical hacker is interested in cryptocurrency, consider gifting him/her a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano X or Trezor Model T. A hardware wallet provides a secure way to store cryptocurrency and protect against theft or hacking.
#15. Secure USB Flash Drive
A secure USB flash drive is a practical gift that can be used to store and transport sensitive data securely. Look for a flash drive with built-in encryption and password protection, like the Kingston DataTraveler or the SanDisk SecureAccess.
Gifts In The $5 to $25 range
- RFID Blocking Card Holder: A card holder that blocks RFID signals can protect credit cards and other sensitive information from electronic theft. It’s a practical and thoughtful gift that any ethical hacker would appreciate.
- Multi-Tool Keychain: A multi-tool keychain is a versatile tool that can come in handy in many situations. It’s a practical gift that any ethical hacker would appreciate.
- Password Manager App: A password manager app is a tool that can help ethical hackers keep track of their passwords and keep them secure. It’s a thoughtful and practical gift that shows you care about their online security.
- Wireless Presenter: A wireless presenter is a tool that can be used for presentations and public speaking. It’s a practical gift for an ethical hacker who does a lot of public speaking or presentations.
- Security-focused Stickers: Stickers with a cybersecurity theme can be a fun and unique gift for ethical hackers.
- Privacy Webcam Cover: A privacy webcam cover is a practical gift that can be used to protect privacy by covering the webcam on a laptop or other device. It’s a thoughtful gift that any ethical hacker would appreciate.
- Coffee Mug: A coffee mug with a cybersecurity theme is a fun and practical gift that any ethical hacker would appreciate.
- Smart Phone Stand: A smart phone stand is a practical gift that can be used to hold a phone while working or watching videos. It’s a thoughtful and practical gift that any ethical hacker would appreciate.
- Security-focused Keychain: A keychain with a cybersecurity theme is a fun and unique gift for ethical hackers.
- Portable USB Fan: A portable USB fan is a practical gift for an ethical hacker who spends a lot of time at their computer. It can be used to keep cool while working and can be powered by a USB port on a computer or other device.
Gifts In The $25 to $75 range
- Portable Bluetooth Speaker: A portable Bluetooth speaker is a great gift for anyone who enjoys music. They can use it to listen to their favorite tunes at home or on the go.
- Personalized Whiskey Glass Set: A personalized whiskey glass set is a thoughtful gift for whiskey lovers. You can have the glasses engraved with their name or initials, making it a unique and special gift.
- Cocktail Shaker Set: A cocktail shaker set is a great gift for anyone who likes to make drinks at home. It includes all the tools they need to make their favorite cocktails.
- Wireless Charging Pad: A wireless charging pad is a practical gift for anyone who has a compatible device. They can simply place their phone or other device on the pad to charge it, without the need for cords or cables.
- Portable Power Bank: A portable power bank is a useful gift for anyone who is always on the go. They can use it to charge their phone or other devices when they’re away from an outlet.
- Smart Home Plug: A smart home plug is a great gift for anyone who has home automation. They can use it to control their lights, appliances, and other devices with their voice or through an app on their phone.
- Wine Tasting Kit: A wine tasting kit is a fun and educational gift for wine lovers. It includes everything they need to host a wine tasting party at home (so you can also enjoy).
- Electric Wine Opener: An electric wine opener is a practical gift. It makes opening a bottle of wine quick and easy, without the need for a traditional corkscrew.
- Bluetooth Earbuds: Bluetooth earbuds are a great gift for anyone who like to listen to music or podcasts on the go. They’re wireless, so there’s no need for cords or cables.
- Yoga Mat: A yoga mat is a thoughtful gift for anyone that practice yoga. It provides a comfortable and non-slip surface for yoga poses and stretches.
Gifts In The $75 to $150 range
- Hak5 Pineapple: The Hak5 Pineapple is a powerful wireless penetration testing tool that can be used to conduct security assessments and penetration testing. It can be used to perform a variety of attacks on wireless networks, making it a valuable tool for any ethical hacker.
- Folding Bluetooth Keyboard: A folding Bluetooth keyboard is a practical and portable gift for the ethical hacker who is always on the go. It can be easily stored in a bag or pocket and used with a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- UV Flashlight: A UV flashlight is a useful tool for ethical hackers who are interested in physical security. It can be used to detect invisible security features on identification cards and passports, as well as detect counterfeit money.
- High-Speed USB Drive: A high-speed USB drive is a practical gift for any ethical hacker who needs to transfer large files quickly. Look for a USB drive with fast read and write speeds and a large storage capacity.
- WiFi Pineapple Tetra: The WiFi Pineapple Tetra is another powerful wireless penetration testing tool that can be used to conduct security assessments and penetration testing. It’s a valuable tool for ethical hackers who need to test the security of wireless networks.
- Multifunctional Tactical Pen: A multifunctional tactical pen is a practical and stylish gift for the ethical hacker who values preparedness. It can be used as a pen, glass breaker, self-defense tool, and more.
- Bluetooth Headphones: Bluetooth headphones are a practical and thoughtful gift for the ethical hacker who enjoys listening to music while working. Look for headphones with noise-canceling features and a long battery life.
- Electric Standing Desk Converter: Sitting for long periods of time can be detrimental to one’s health. An electric standing desk converter is a practical gift that allows ethical hackers to switch between sitting and standing throughout the workday. Look for popular options such as the FlexiSpot Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter.
- Programmable WiFi Button: A programmable WiFi button is a unique gift for the ethical hacker who wants to automate tasks and simplify their workflow. It can be programmed to perform a variety of functions, like turning on lights, sending messages, or triggering a security alert.
- Raspberry Pi Kit: A Raspberry Pi kit is a versatile gift for the ethical hacker who enjoys tinkering and building their own tools. Look for a kit that includes a Raspberry Pi board, power supply, case, and other components, so they can start building right away.
We hope this list of unique and practical gift ideas for ethical hackers has helped you find the perfect gift for the ethical hacker in your life.
Whether you’re on a tight budget or you’re looking to splurge, there’s a gift on this list for every price range.
But we want to hear from you! Have you ever given a gift to an ethical hacker? What was it, and how did they like it? Do you have any other gift ideas that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!
You might like to read