Penetration testing is used to test an infrastructure. With the help of a penetration test you can see what kind of vulnerabilities you have in your infrastructure. Once your infrastructure has been tested, the penetration tester will give you advice on what to do with your infrastructure vulnerabilities.
1. Nmap – Get Nmap Here - nmap -v -sS -A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
2. Nessus Remote Security Scanner - Get Nessus Here
4. Nikto - Get Nikto Here
5. SuperScan - Get SuperScan Here
6. p0f - Get p0f Here
7. Wireshark (Formely Ethereal) - Get Wireshark Here
8. Yersinia - Get Yersinia Here
9. Eraser - Get Eraser Here.
10. PuTTY - Get PuTTY Here.
11. LCP - Get LCP Here
12. Cain and Abel - Get Cain and Abel Here
13. Kismet - Get Kismet Here
14. NetStumbler - Get NetStumbler Here
15. hping - Get hping Here
0.1 Metasploit – Backtrack – Paros – Proxy – Toufeeq – Pedro – BO2k – Optix – Beast – NetCat – LCP – Immunity Debbuger -
The list is from UsCyberLabs.com
My question: What kind of penetration testing tool ( s ) do you use and which one do you prefer?