In the last couple of weeks I noticed that I keep getting added by LinkedIn accounts with zero connections (Friends). Today a fellow LinkedIn connection Richard Stiennon posted a message with the same notice.
So what do we know?
- Their LinkedInIn profile(In URL view?id=) is above 140000000
- They often have 0 connections
- Little to no information on their LinkedIn profile
After you accept them.. What do they do?
- Send messages?
- Add other friends in your list?
- Remain inactive
What are they after?
- User Information?
- Sending malware/phishing links?
- Destroying groups by posting spam?
What can you do?
- Don't just accept everyone.
- Ask them to update their profile - so you can add them later.
- Report them