At least 31 172 devices have been infected with the malicious JWPlayer application which can be found on the Google Chrome webstore. During our research for Facebook malware we found a malicious website which is serving a fake version of the JWPlayer. JWPlayer is a application which will allow people to watch videos online, the JWPlayer has been implemented in the Youtube website - you use it when you click your right mouse button on a video.
Most searched for
Recent blog posts
- I have a SIEM, now what?
- Caught between the Lines: Online Censorship Harms Corporate Security
- Malicious Software
- Mahdi campaign, ongoing cyber-espionage in the Middle East
- The Economics of Hacking
- The State of Information Security
- Do you know your enemy?
- Israel and Iran, expense, capabilities and cyber strategies
- Non-Decryptable? Really?
- How to blog on Cyberwarzone
- Password cracking: A mega collection of password cracking word lists
- Malaysian Airlines MH370 Finally Found! Watch the video | Facebook malware
- Anonymous Europe: Massive Country sorted Proxy list 500 items
- Bioweapons lost in France: 2300 pieces gone missing
- 31.172 users infected by malicious JWPlayer since January 2014
- UN Syria envoy calls on Assad to implement cease-fire during major Muslim holiday
- Facebook 2011: Another list with Facebook accounts leaked
- Unclassified NSA memorandum provides further details on Snowden case
- Syrian television warns Swedish mercenaries
- Recon : Digital Detectives
- Hacktivism, Cyberwarfare and cyberterrorism expected NATO report concludes
- Britain's defence pact no threat to NATO's future
- Pyloris: New DDOS tool