A security breach in the whatsapp application makes it possible to change the users whatsapp status. The website http://whatsappstatus.net/ provides a service wich allows you the alter the whatsapp status of each device.
Whatsapp: Im going to hack your status
Changing the user status is done via the xmpp-servers from whatsapp. The service uses the protocol to communicate between the application and the servers.
Once a request is done for a change of status – the request is not monitored or checked if the request is coming from the correct device.
This breach has already been mentioned before on Tweakers.net. This breach was noticed in september.
Since a while there are rumors about leaks in the 'amazing' and free-to-use app WhatsApp. The engineers of WhatsApp are telling their customers that they will fix it as soon as possible while it's been a long time now. So on this website we will show you one of the major leaks of WhatsApp. You can simply change anyone's status message by just entering the phone number of the person and the new status message. Just try it out and you'll see the status being changed directly.
- Scientists Extract RSA Key From GnuPG Using Sound of CPU
- NSA program stopped no terror attacks, says White House panel member
- The fastest way to get through the US border
- Rise of the Drones Documentary
- Drone Survival Guide
- Epic video: Chuck Norris VS Jean Claude van Damme
- Senators introduce new Iran sanctions
- Free online course on ‘Terrorism and Counterterrorism’ given by the Dutch University Leiden
- Convicted Operation Open Market world-wide online market place for stolen personal and financial information
- EC-COUNCIL demands you re-exam if you score higher than 95%
- KLM-partner kicks out passengers if they complain about their baggage not being delivered
- CBS Video: The Snowden Affair - Propaganda or true?
- Android botnet stole SMSes from South Korea, emailed them to China
- The UK National Cyber Security Strategy and Forward Plans
- US Judge hacked for the lulz: Sex toys ordered with his credit card
- President Obama will meet CEO's of Apple, Twitter, Netflix, Dropbox tomorrow to discuss actions of the NSA
- NSA not able to illustrate where spying has prevented terrorism attack
- Gmail scans images in e-mails for malware: Privacy breach or Security?
- Top 5 free vulnerability scanners 2014
- The interwebz explained in 2 mins 46 secs