Windows Easy Transfer for transferring from Windows XP (32 bit) to Windows 7
Use Windows Easy Transfer to copy your files, photos, music, e-mail, settings, and more from a computer running Windows XP to a computer running Windows 7. You can transfer data using an Easy Transfer Cable, removable media, or across a network.You can transfer files and settings using a network, USB Easy Transfer Cable, removable media, or an external hard drive.
- System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP
- Windows XP (SP2 and higher) to Windows 7
- Windows Vista (SP1 and higher) to Windows 7
Windows Easy Transfer supports transfers using any of the following methods:
- USB Easy Transfer Cable
- Network connection
- Removable media (such as a USB flash drive or external hard disk)
- Download and install Windows Easy Transfer on your computer running Windows XP PC
- First open and run Windows Easy Transfer on your computer running Windows XP.
- Then open and run Windows Easy Transfer on your computer running Windows 7.
You can open the Windows 7 version of Windows Easy Transfer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type “Easy Transfer” and then click Windows Easy Transfer.Follow the instructions in the wizard to select and transfer your data.