London hosts the eighth international E-Crime Congress focused on the prevention of internet fraud and developing prevention strategies. Over 45 countries were represented at this year's E-Crime Congress with directors and operational specialists from Hi-tech crime units from around the world joining security, fraud, audit and risk professionals from public and private sector organiastions.The e-Crime Congress provides practical information which can be used to integrate business as usual activities with a risk-based approach to mitigating vectors or vulnerabilities exploited by complex attack code.
London two days congress attend Companies and organisations in private and public sector with many topics like:
- Industrialised and Anonymous: are traditional law enforcement models insufficient by themselves when considering the nature of online crime?
- Internet governance: can e-commerce survive a continued lack of mandatory good practice?
- Adapting to new realities: what are the tools and new tactics being adopted by SOCA to meet this reality?
- Thinking smart: how can industry, internet governance bodies, and law enforcement find common goals and solutions?"
- Europe's biggest free CyberSecurity system and why nobody knows about it; good security or bad marketing?!?
- Measuring CyberAttacks; why is the view from alleyways and side roads at the edge of the Information Super-highway making us victims of Fear Uncertainty & Doubt?
- Real life examples of Cyber Attacks and examples of pure FUD - is our industry smaller than the "Information Security PR machine" it feeds?
- The challenge of security at the speed of light; security on a 40 Gb/s Internet backbone.
- "Somethings gotta change". Current initiatives and a plan for the future; how governments and providers could meet the need to do more.
E-crime congres focus on
- Optimising IT security and risk management processes
- Adopting effective e-Crime countermeasures
- Eliminating weak points and protecting key targets
- Limiting inherent business technology risks
- Enhancing protective capabilities